Sharks - Select Program
The "Stouffville Sharks" Select program is primarily tournament teams that compete in weekend tournaments throughout the summer. Players on Select teams are required to play House League and will typically practice one additional night of the week. This higher calibre program builds on the same fundamentals as House League with an increased focus on core skill development and competition.
If you are interested in coaching a Select team, or for more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stouffville Sharks 2023 Select Announcements!!
2023 Stouffville Sharks Select Tryout Schedules
**Please read the General Information in detail as updates have been made**
- Arrive 15 minutes early to check in & submit payment
- Each tryout session is $5. Cash only, bring exact change
- Players must be registered for House League to be eligible to tryout for Select
- If possible, wear a t-shirt with a number
- Players should make an effort to attend all tryout dates, if this is not possible a minimum for 2 must be attended
- Tryout Locations:
- True North Fieldhouse - 220 Pony Drive Unit 3, Newmarket
- Uxbridge Secondary School - 127 Planks Lane, Uxbridge (Enter through side door adjacent to large parking lot)
- St. Brigid Catholic School - 223 Millard Street, Stouffville (Enter through side door adjacent to the main parking lot)
- Oscar Peterson Public School - 850 Hoover Park Drive, Stouffville (Enter through main doors)
- Whitchurch Highlands Public School - 13812 Warden Avenue, Stouffville (Enter through the side doors facing Warden)
- Please review Select tryout rules on our website
- Schedule will also be posted on our website
- Contact email@example.com if you have any concerns
- U11 Girls (2013-2012)
- Saturday April 1 ~ 6:15-8:00pm ~ True North Fieldhouse
- Friday April 14 ~ 6:15-8:00pm ~ Whitchurch Highlands Public School
- U13 Girls (2011-2010)
- Monday April 17 ~ 8:30-10:15pm ~ St. Brigid Catholic School
- Friday April 21 ~ 6:15-8:00pm ~ Whitchurch Highlands Public School
- Saturday April 22 ~ 6:15-8:00pm ~ True North Fieldhouse
- Monday April 24 ~ 8:30-10:15pm ~ St. Brigid Catholic School
- U15 Girls (2009-2008)
- Monday April 3 ~ 6:30-8:00pm ~ Uxbridge Secondary School
- Tuesday April 4 ~ 8:30-10:15pm ~ Oscar Peterson Public School
- Tuesday April 11 ~ 8:30-10:15pm ~ Oscar Peterson Public School
- U17 Girls (2007-2006)
- Tuesday April 18 ~ 8:30-10:15pm ~ Oscar Peterson Public School
- Saturday April 22 ~ 8:15-10:00pm ~ True North Fieldhouse
- Tuesday April 25 ~ 8:30-10:15pm ~ Oscar Peterson Public School
- U17 Boys (2007-2006)
- Monday April 17 ~ 6:30-8:00pm ~ Uxbridge Secondary School
- Monday April 24 ~ 6:30-8:00pm ~ Uxbridge Secondary School
- U11/U13 Boys, U21 Girls and U21 Boys - A separate email will be sent out regarding tryout details.
Good luck to everyone trying out!
New Select Rules
- Major players can apply to play for the next divisions up. Applications will be sent (emailed) to and reviewed by the board of directors. Major players may apply to 1 division up, with the exception of a u13 player applying to u15, as the ball size changes. Players who have played 2+ years with the same team may be grandfathered in”.
- Applications for a request to play up are to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to tryouts
- Tryouts will take place in a ‘top-down’ order, to allow for players who may be interested in trying out for a division up to also try out for their own division.